Re: mod_rewrite question - How to avoid Apache's 301 redirect to add trailing slash?

Thanks noodl.  This is a good idea, which I would like to use.  I can't
figure out how %{REQUEST_FILENAME} works though!
If I use "RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d" it only ever returns when I
visit my homepage at lumidant.com.  I used only this rule in my .htaccess
and had it redirect to Yahoo! for testing.  I could never get it to fire off
for any subdirectories.  I am guessing that the command is starting from
some directory I am not aware of, so when I visit Lumidant.com it is
checking whether "/" is a directory and it would be from wherever you start.
However, I cannot figure out where the command is starting from.  I tried
replacing it with "/public_html%{REQUEST_FILENAME}" and
"/home/lumidant/public_html%{REQUEST_FILENAME}" and neither worked.
Any ideas on how I can debug this?  I'm on BlueHost if that matters.

Thanks,
Ben