Re: Multiple VirtualHosts with the same name

Joshua Slive wrote:
On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Ruslan Sivak <rsivak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm having a bit of a problem.  I  have a loadbalancer go to two virtual
 servers on one real server.  Something like

 Listen 80
 NameVirtualHost *:80

 <VirtualHost 192.168.0.2:80>
 HostName www.myhostname.com
 </VirtualHost>

 <VirtualHost 192.168.0.3:80>
 HostName www.myhostname.com
 </VirtualHost>

 <VirtualHost 192.168.0.2:80>
 HostName www.someotherhostname.com
 </VirtualHost>

 Hosts one and two work fine, but the third host gets matched by the
 first one.  How can I make it match properly?

What does the Host header look like when it gets to apache? I suspect
your load balancer is sending a Host header that doesn't match
www.someotherhostname.com, meaning there is no way for apache to route
it correctly.

Joshua.

The host header is fine. The third host is not going through the lb, but is pointed directly at this server, so that wouldn't be the issue. Hosts 1 and 2 work fine, so the host header is fine there too.

Russ