Re: Webdav through webfolder in xp problem

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Richard Smith <rich.smith1982@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I've looked at the error logs and there's nothing to indicate a particular
> problem regarding the access to those file types. Is there anything I can
> add to the httpd file that would help, or is it really a lost cause?

It's a client issue, not a server issue. Some relatively-authoritative
information is here:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.webdav.clients.html#svn.webdav.clients.file-explorer-extensions.windows

But in general, you should think of web folders as an ftp-like client:
use it to copy files back and forth to the server, but don't treat it
like a real network-shared drive. If you want more functionality, use
a third-party dav client:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.webdav.clients.html#svn.webdav.clients.fs-impl

Joshua.