Re: webdav not authenticating on apache 2.2.3 - centos 5

Hi James,

Not sure if this is the cause but it seems you are providing a
directory name in your location tag where as a Location tag excepts a
URL path.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#location

Thought it might be worth pointing out.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 7:47 AM, James Chase <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been trying to get webdav to work with apache for a little while
>  now and I must be missing something. Currently I just have the
>  directives like this
>
>  <Location /var/www/html/dav/>
>         DAV on
>  </Location>
>
>  I just want to verify that webdav actually works. When trying to map the
>  location with Windows XP it asks for a username/password which I don't
>  understand why it should? I also tried a program called "Webdrive" and
>  it was unable to connect and gave this error when authenticating as an
>  anonymous user:
>
>  "Unable to connect to server, error information below
>
>  Error: HTTP Error response received from server, erorr=405 (4516)
>  Operation: Connecting to server
>  Server Response: 405 Method Not Allowed"
>
>  I tried the litmus test on the centos machine and got this:
>
>  "[root@linux james]# /usr/local/bin/litmus http://192.168.1.8/dav/
>  -> running `basic':
>   0. init.................. pass
>   1. begin................. FAIL (Could not create new collection
>  `/dav/litmus/' for tests: 405 Method Not Allowed
>  Server must allow `MKCOL /dav/litmus/' for tests to proceed)
>  <- summary for `basic': of 2 tests run: 1 passed, 1 failed. 50.0%
>  See debug.log for network/debug traces."
>
>  The directory permissions look fine...owned by apache:apache and 775
>
>  Before this I was using a .htpasswd file and had authentication on in
>  the apache directives but the usernames and passwords I added to the
>  file would not work. It had the exact same problem I have now. I'm sure
>  it's something simple and I'm an idiot -- I just can't figure it out   =o(
>

>  ---
>  [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude EVA]

"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)