Re: Apache 2.2.8, SNI, SSL and Virtual Hosts

Hello,
OK, I have this working on FF. But I would like to now add an entry in the conf file for users who's browsers do not support SNI and was wondering how to generate this message?

As per how-to "..If a user's browser does not support SNI then the first SSL site in the configuration file will be displayed. It is recommended that the first entry is to a page that informs the user what the server requires for use."

On Safari, I get the root certificate of the server and a warning that this was signed by an untrusted authority.

Similarly on Mozilla 1.7.12 and Netscape.

As my application is running on Zope and I have a rewrite rule what will be the best way to do this? The zope https server is on 7433 and I only have one zope instance.

So I guess I will have the same problem.

For now, the next step is to figure out how to generate the message if the client does not support SNI.

Any thoughts on this.

Many thanks

Norman