Re: Redirect failing

On Feb 6, 2008 10:27 AM, Paul Cocker <paul.cocker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The new redirect reads:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      ServerName webmail.domain2.co.uk
>      Redirect 301 / https://web-mail.domain2.co.uk/exchange
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Yet it doesn't work. I've run a test via the site
> http://www.seologic.com/webmaster-tools/url-redirect.php and it
> registered the ServerName as generating a 301 redirect, and I can also
> connect to the redirect address if I enter it directly. Pinging the
> ServerName results in the correct IP address being returned to me.
>
> I am at a loss as to why this isn't working.

It should work.
If you want to test redirects it is always a good idea to have the
LiveHTTPHeaders plugin. That way you can see if you get a redirect,
where the redirect leads you too, and if the server you are led to
gives the correct response. It is possible that your exchange server
is the problem, not your apache.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx