Re: Proxy error caoused by mod_authnz_ldap?

Nick,

Nick Kew wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:37:33 +0000
> "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hillard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> One other difference that I've just thought of with this backend
>> server is that it has two IP addresses (for historical reasons).  Is
>> that known to cause any problems?
>
> No, but can you clarify: is this the same backend as you're using
> with the reliable/no-ldap virtualhost?  If not, is there a possibility
> to, say, run ldap-authenticated tests on the good backend?

Sadly not - nothing's ever that simple!  I could however configure
another virtual host with authentication, pointing to the
(non-troublesome) backend.

>> I'm currently running CentOS 5 with Apache 2.2.3 (including all the
>> patches that RedHat have backported).
>
> FWIW, there are a lot of proxy improvements since 2.2.3.
> That includes a patch to PR#37770, which could be relevant.

Just had a speed-read of that one, although there's lots of mention of
the problem occurring with the worker mpm.  FWIW we're using prefork mpm
as there's a lot of PHP code being served.

I have however added:

SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

to the virtual host and will now get the users to test...

Many thanks,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.