De : Lucas Brasilino [mailto:lucas.brasilino@xxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : vendredi 1 février 2008 13:13
À : users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re:  Apache2 rewriting HTTP headers

Hi Axel-Stephane!

> I see why you can suspect Apache httpd of setting these headers, but
> AFAIK from having used Apache 2.0.x
 > and mod_proxy for a number of years, Apache does not "rewrite"
headers unless you do so explicitly in the  > configuration.

I agree but, really, I can't figure out. Theres no such directives in my configuration. But I gonna check out by the third time. The odd thing is that other files, like GIF and JPG which also backend server generates the 'Cache-Control' this rewrite doesn't happens.

> You will note that in the first case the application replies HTTP/1.0
> and in the second, HTTP/1.1. Did you use wget in both cases ?

Yes, I did. Maybe due a 'KeepAlive On' in apache....

By the way, wget uses HTTP 1.0 with a 'Connection' header. it is a violation, isn't it?

> Could you possibly snoop/sniff the traffic apache->server using snoop/tcpdump/ethereal ?
> That could shed some light on who sets the headers the way the client receives them.
> It would however require that you install the reverse proxy and the application on different servers.

Here comes wget->apache connection:

GET /srh/pos-graduacao/docs-inscricao/ficha_de_inscricao.pdf HTTP/1.0
Host:  myfrontendserver.org
Accept: */*
Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:01:23 GMT
Server: Zope/(Zope 2.9.8-final, python 2.4.4, linux2) ZServer/1.1 Plone/2.5.3-final
Connection: close

Here comes the apache->server connection:

  GET
/VirtualHostBase/http/mybackendserver.org:80/intranets/restrito/VirtualHostRoot/srh/pos-graduacao/docs-inscricao/ficha_de_incricao.pdf
HTTP/1.1
  Host: localhost:9080

  Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:36:26 GMT

Thanks a lot, regards