Re: Dynamic text-file created by PHP

On 27.01.08 02:11, Kent Larsson wrote:
> Yes, sorry about the typo in my last post. It was SetHandler I meant.
> Still I am having one problem.

do you mean, that the parsing by PHP works already and you see only
php-generated content?

> I want the http response to look
> _exactly_ as when retriving a normal text file. I changed expose_php
> to no which got rid of one unwanted header. But still there are
> differences:

i guess those differencies are added by PHP - you can search for PHP
settings there or add own headers. But that's imho subject of PHP support
forum, not this one. But it only applies when the PHP is parsed and
executed, not when you see the text file.

> Response Headers
> Date	Sun, 27 Jan 2008 01:05:15 GMT
> Server	Apache
> Last-Modified	Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:33:03 GMT
> Etag	"a40158-1a-e90699c0"
> Accept-Ranges	bytes
> Content-Length	26
> Content-Type	text/plain; charset=UTF-8

> = My php generated text file =

> Response Headers
> Date	Sun, 27 Jan 2008 01:05:17 GMT
> Server	Apache
> Keep-Alive	timeout=15, max=97
> Content-Length	26
> Connection	Keep-Alive
> Content-Type	text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> I can easily add the missing headers to the php generated text file.
> But I don't want "Connection: Keep-Alive" or "Keep-Alive: timeout=15,
> max=97" sent. That's my main problem at the moment. Any ideas on how
> to not send those? Or how to "filter them out" using PHP?
>
> Someone said I could use mod_rewrite to get an exact response which is
> identical to the static normal text file from my php generated one.
> But I don't know how to do that using mod_rewrite. Any ideas on that
> approach?

I'm not sure if mod_rewrite allows you do that. It allows you e.g. to run
file.php when you request for file.txt but the headers should stay the same
PHP generated. But I'm not rewrite expert.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.