Re: chmod

Paddy Steed wrote:
how do you set chmod file permissions I could do it with ftp with my old hosting providers but now I got my own servers I don't know how to set it up. does anyone know how to set it up???
this depends on your:
a) server type (windows/unix)
b) FTP settings

its not apache here its your FTP server. Windows does not support CHMOD, so theres no need to worry about it, however some FTP servers can handle the CHMOD quite nicely.

Under linux/unix, its harder. you need an installed/configured FTP server (read the documentation). I reccomend ProFTPD... its simplest to find one that you like though.

--
Morgan Gangwere
Unknown Software