Re: apache configuration for svn repositories and websvn

Thanks for the ideas... I still haven't been able to do exactly what I
want. I have evolved the idea somewhat and found a potential solution
(using AliasMatch) but I still don't know exactly how to configure it.
I've compromised my original idea by having WebSVN located at the URL
/browse but I'm still struggling getting SVNParentPath to serve my
projects from the root... So at the moment I have something like this:

NameVirtualHost 67.207.135.103:443
<VirtualHost 67.207.135.103:443>
    ServerName svn.webpossibilities.net
    ServerAdmin admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile /home/weposs/ssl/svn/apache.pem
    ServerSignature Off
    AliasMatch  ^/browse(.*) /var/www/websvn/$1
    <LocationMatch ^/browse>
        Options FollowSymLinks
        order allow,deny
        allow from all
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Web Possibilities Subversion"
        Require valid-user
        SSLRequireSSL
        AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
            php_flag track_vars On
        </IfModule>
    </LocationMatch>
    DocumentRoot /home/weposs/var/
    AliasMatch ^/?!browse(.*) /$1
    <Location /Notebook>
        DAV svn
        SVNPath /home/weposs/svn/Notebook
        #SVNParentPath /home/weposs/svn
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Web Possibilities Subversion"
        AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
        Require valid-user
        SSLRequireSSL
    </Location>
    ErrorLog /home/weposs/logs/svn/apache-error.log
    LogLevel warn
    CustomLog /home/weposs/logs/svn/apache-access.log combined
    ServerSignature On
</VirtualHost>

The problem arises when I switch to something like:

<Location />
        DAV svn
        #SVNPath /home/weposs/svn/Notebook
        SVNParentPath /home/weposs/svn
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Web Possibilities Subversion"
        AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
        Require valid-user
        SSLRequireSSL
</Location>

I've also tried using <LocationMatch ^/?!browse(.*)> but that breaks it also.

Any tips?

Regards and thank you,
Mike