Re: apache configuration for svn repositories and websvn

On Jan 14, 2008 7:58 PM, Administrator Web Possibilities
<admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     <Location />
>         DAV svn
>         SVNParentPath /home/weposs/svn
>         AuthType Basic
>         AuthName "Web Possibilities Subversion"
>         AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/dav_svn.passwd
>         Require valid-user
>         SSLRequireSSL
>     </Location>
>
> It's probably really obvious why this doesn't work but I'm not sure
> how to fix it so that it knows which entry I want. Maybe I just need
> to rethink this and have one or the other located in a different
> location than / ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you want to be able to use SVNParentPath you really have no choice
than dedicate a section of your webspace for SVN. I ave something
like:

<Location /repos>
          Dav svn
</Location>

That way I haven't made it impossible to use my webserver for other things too.

Other possible solutions are to use virtual hosts. And maybe you could
also do something with Rewrite Rules, based on the user agent string
to redirect everything but svn clients to your websvn.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
krist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx