Inserting HTML Code Using Apache Proxy

Hi, all...

I've googled everywhere, read the FAQs, and searched the archives, so that
led me to post...

When my intranet users go through the proxy server, I would like to insert
code that will appear at the top of each page that they request.  I've
looked at mod_rewrite, but it appears to only modify header entries.

Is there a way to do code insertion into the body of each retrieved page?
If so, can someone point me to the appropriate mod_ or doc where I can learn
more about it?

I googled everywhere, but mostly all I found was how to write your pages to
protect you from adding this type of code maliciously...  I actually want to
configure our *own* proxy server to insert the code...

Thanks!
play4god@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx