----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Mahoney <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At: 12/26 13:56:14

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN wrote:

Hi, I was compiling a fresh 1.3.26 apacche instance, to eventually replace our
current 1.3.26 instance to correct some perofrmance bottleneks etc ...
Curently
the main improvement I have made is to set the HARD_SERVER_LIMIT to 2048 as we
have noticed it hitting the 256 limit several times on Solaris 9 as this is a
high volume, high visibility apache instance. Are there any other
performance/security improvements that can be done that will make the newer
build better.  thx in advance.

Why not tell us what ./configure arguments you're using?

We may be able to help a lot better then!

-Dan

--

"It doesn't matter where I live, because I live in dataspace.  That's my
hometown."

-Steve Roberts, Builder of BEHEMOTH