Re: Please help - confused about reverse proxy

On Dec 10, 2007 8:57 AM, Phil Wild <philwild@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to setup a reverse proxy. I have followed a few of the guides and it has worked a charm but now I am trying to dom something a little different.

I have an apache2 website with all the right modules loaded for reverse proxying called running on makebelieve site receive.company.org as a virtual host.
This site does not serve any data whatsoever.

I have an internal web server also running apache2 called makebelieve name app.company.org. This machine is not internet addressable.

There is a cgi-bin script on this machine that is addressable internally by http://app.company.org/cgi-bin/acceptdata.cgi and this works fine and accepts the data via a POST.

I want to reverse proxy and rewrite the above so that a POST to http://receive.company.org gets reverse proxied to http://app.company.org/cgi-bin/acceptdata.cgi

Is this possible?

mod_proxy also works for POST requests

so you could map / to the first webserver and /cgi-bin/ to your cgi-bin webserver.

--
Staf Wagemakers   - http://www.wagemakers.be