Re: Geting rid of the ? in the URL

On Dec 6, 2007 11:01 PM, Rashmi Amlani <rramlani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ok here's what I have done so far
> 1. In httpd.conf
>          I uncommented the following line:
> a.)  LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
> b.)  set the AllowOverwrite to ALL

This must ofcourse be
AllowOverride All

> I hope this helps. What am I missing or doing wrong?

If you have access to your httpd.conf it is better to put the rewrite
rules in there. The drupal people definitely advise that (and this is
how I did it). The docs have the details.
Furthermore you need to make sure that you've set your drupal install
itself to generate "friendly URLs". You can test if your rewrite rules
work by requesting a page yourself.

For example, you can log in as admin to your site and then enter the
following in your browser's adres bar.

http://<yoursite>/drupal/admin

(This asumes that /drupal is the base url of your drupal install.). It
you get the admin site then your rewrite work, and your problem is
that Drupal isn't generating nice URLs.

Krist
--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx