RE: Redirect to HTTPS using Load Balancer/SSL Offload

Eric,

That definitely seems like the reason the redirect keeps looping.  Every
example I have seen has involved {SERVER_PORT} (is or isn't) 443 as a
RewriteCond, but I haven't found a way to let apache know if the current
session between the client and the load balancer is being encrypted or
not.

Brian,

I am using a Barracuda, which is far cheaper, and has far less features
than some of the other vendors like Radware, F5 and Cisco LocalDirector.
I will find out if it there is a way for the barracuda to let apache
know its current offload status so it can differentiate between each
request.

Matt