Re: Aliasing a directory, which is already covered by a <location>

On Nov 14, 2007 6:55 AM, Taavi Kuusik <uff@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to configure Apache in a way that all requests to /xyz/i/
> (and subdirectories) are pointed to a local directory while all other
> requests to /xyz/ are handled by a handler defined in a <Location>
> directive.
>
> This so currently my configuration looks something like this:
> Alias /pls/apex/i "/oracle/product/apex/images/"
>
> <Location "/pls/apex">
>     Order deny,allow
>     AllowOverride None
>     SetHandler                  pls_handler
>     Allow from all
> </Location>
> (mod_plsql specific stuff removed)
>
> The problem is, Apache processes the <Location> directives before
> processing aliases, so the above doesn't work.

No, this is not an ordering problem. Apache ALWAYS processes BOTH. The
fact that the Alias pushes the request someplace else does not change
the fact that pls_handler is applied. There are a few different
solutions to this.

> I tried restricting the <Location> to cover only URLs which don't
> contain /i/ using regular expressions, but that didn't seem to work either.

It should work, but you haven't given us any details about this.

Alternatively, you could use
<Location /pls/apex/i>
SetHandler default-handler
</Location>

You probably need to list that BEFORE the existing <Location>.

Joshua.