De : Martin Fick [mailto:mogulguy@xxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : jeudi 8 novembre 2007 08:31
À : users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet :  Using a proxy manually from a webbrowser?

Hi,

This may sound like a strange question, but I am trying to use mod_proxy in a way which I have not yet seen described anywhere.  What I would like to do is accept connections on my webserver for certain URLs,
say:

http://myapache.com/useproxy/website.com/webpage.html

where example myapache.com is my web server and website.com/webpage.html is the http URL of some page that I would like the user to be proxied to.  The trick that makes my question different from a normal ProxyPass setup is that I would like to chain the request through a proxy server, say privoxy.  The end result should be that the page returned by th webserver (myapache.com) should actually be http://website.com/webpage.html but the request has to go through privoxy!

The idea is that a user could make use of privoxy running on my website without having to configure a proxy in their browser (imagine that they already have to use a proxy to get out of their corporate firewall).  Then they could still benefit from using privoxy by accessing it with my web server manually.

If there are any other ways of manually making use of a proxy server from a browser without using the proxy setting in a browser that would be a welcomed alternative to what I am suggesting.

Thanks,

-Martin