Re: How to compare cookie value to request URL

Hey Ursula,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 01:57:07PM -0700, ursula.schwantag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In the webserver configuration, I need to compare the value of a cookie
> against the request URL.
>
> E.g. on a request for /path/to/files/abc.zip, return the file if the
> cookie contains the file name: MYCOOKIE=abc.zip. Otherwise redirect to a
> different page.

This does not sound very elegant. So you may want to reconsider your
architecture.

> With RewriteCond, I can compare the cookie value to a static value or a
> regular expression, but not to another variable. Is there any way to do
> that?

If you have to stick with it, I guess you might be able to
solve it with a perl rewrite map. It would not scale very well,
but for a small site which absolutely needs this functionality
you could give it a try.

regs,

Christian