Help with link to my personal web store folder

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the list, and first I would like to thanks the Apache team,
they're doing a great job ;)

I need help.

I'm using ubuntu gutsy, and I have a huge personal folder where I save
all the webs I need to study. I installed apache2 in my PC, php, mysql
etc.

The trouble. I installed mediawiki to organize my own docs, and I want
to me make my folder accessible like http://localhost/folder to make
references from my mediawiki, I've tried different solutions like
creating a file in /etc/apache2/conf.d referencing my folder
in /home/blast/folder but it doesn't work.

I think it is because of the privileges of my folder. I need it to be
accessible from too, because I need to store more web pages!!!

What do you recommend my friends!!!???

Thanks to all for reading ;)

--
B. o_O

PD: This is off-topic but searching the web I didn't find anything, do
you know where can I find info about the schema of Craigslist.org !!!???
db schema, site schema!? tnkx x 2 ;)