html not rendered in some browsers

Hi,

I have been running Apache 2.2 on SuSe 10.2 for several months without any problems.

Early yesterday evening all contact with the server was lost. This seems to have been a problem of some sort with networking rather than a problem with Apache2. The server is also running a Samba service and this couldn't be contacted either, nor could the machine be pinged.

The machine was rebooted (cleanly using the appropriate command) and there were no obvious errors as it started up. The Samba service was restored and seems to be working normally. Apache2 restarted without any errors. Network connections were restored and seem to be working normally.

However, none of the pages are now rendered in Firefox or Konqueror, they simply display the html, whereas IE6 renders the pages normally!!

The server is set up to parse both .html and .shtml so that I can use server side includes on all pages. These seem to be working in all browsers, the html code displayed by Firefox and Konqueror shows all the SSI's as part of the file and IE displays the pages as expected.

No alterations have been made to the server configuration so I can only assume something has become corrupted.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start looking? I'm baffled.

Rick Hobson