Re: problem with NAT, Public IP's and SSL cert

On 01.11.07 13:10, Krist van Besien wrote:
> This is not a limitation of apache, but a limitation of the IP protocol.

pardon, it's more the limitation of HTTP/SSL protocol. Some browsers and
servers may even support SSL renegotiation, but I currently don't know about
any.

> > I wonder how other hosting companies with load balance solved that
> > problem. I cannot believe that somebody with 200 domains and lets say
> > 150IP plays with port numbers.

> They either do that, work with ports, or what is more common,
> terminate SSL on the loadbalancer. In this scenario the cert gets
> installed on the loadbalancer, which does the SSL handshake and
> decoding, and then forward it to port 80 on one or several backend
> http server. There name based virtualhosts will work just fine.

and if this is not possile, the ISP has to configure more IPS or ports on
balancer AND webservers both. It's one of reasons my employer doesn't
support that yet (it's much work to do it manually and hard work to do that
automatically)

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Remember half the people you know are below average.