Re: Re: [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 10.4/5.0] Re: [users@httpd] APACHE mod_rewrite

On Nov 1, 2007 11:21 AM, Alberto García Gómez <alberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Joshua and fellows:
>
> Here's my problem indeed:
>
> I working in a website and I trying to make this website full SEO. Now
> actually I'm pasing all parameters to the server in this way:
>
> 1.-  http://www.myserver.com/?param1/param2/param3.html
>
> But I want to pass the parameters in this way:
>
> 2.-  http://www.myserver.com/param1/param2/param3.html
>
> So to users and search engines the above URI will be the (2), but the to the
> Apache must be the (1)

As search engines get smarter, this kind of optimization matters less
and less, but anyway:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*\.html) /?$1 [L]

This assumes you want the full path injected in the query string if
and only if it ends in html. Other specific restrictions could easily
be added with addition RewriteRules.

Joshua.