Re: Need help to deal with poorly written PHP apps behind Apache used as Reverse Proxy

On Oct 22, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Alan AZZERA wrote:

I thought about another approach : leaving as is my public DNS zone,
and modifying my private one to distribute private IP for public
domain names. My Reverse Proxies have just to be taught to use the
private DNS, and all I have to do is to configure the VH

Have you considered writing a module that executes on the request_rec after it gets read and munges the request data so that your PHP scipts do the Right Thing (albeit perhaps for the wrong reasons)?

Alternatively, you could consider writing a PHP script that munges the request and then set it to be included before any of the 'bad' scripts run. I know you can do that from php.ini, but don't recall where exactly. Exercise left for the reader. (:

For Redirect Responses, there is ProxyPassReverse which rewrites Location: headers in 30x responses. It leaves the bodies alone, but most clients act on the headers alone and follow the Redirect. However, I understand that 30x responses are not your problem.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@xxxxxxxxxx