Re: More testing with mod_auth_ldap on Windows

Peter Milanese wrote:

I've been trying to get auth going between 2.2.6 and Lotus Domino, and I think I've honed in on the problem. I don't think it is related directly to Domino. I backed out to 2.0.61, and had the same issue.

Outch!  There have been reports about win32 ldap connections.  Many of
these, however,

Looks like mod_auth_ldap is using the wldap dll. Could there be a linking problem? Should it use openldap, which I installed?

It linked fine, you can inspect that with depends.exe if you happen to
have visual studio.  I didn't (install it) - so those binaries don't
(link to it), so no, it should not (use it).

I have no plans to, we would rather address the wldap 'issue' if there
actually is one, since windows users have wldap handy (just like most
linux users have openldap handy).  See http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/
I know some folks have started some config hints on the various ldap
servers and clients.

You are welcome, obviously, to compile and link apr-util yourself!
The hint you should be aware of, add to libaprutil.dsp/aprutil.dsp the
right /I includes and /L libs to find openldap, the openldap.lib export
.libs your installed, and finally nudge the apr-util/include/ *.hw files
to "know" that MS LDAP isn't used (set to 0) while OPENLDAP is (set to 1)
in those .hw sources.

Bill