Re: MySQL Related problem

Sorry, I have not yet tried it. But I definitely will try it in the future ;)
Because it has a very interesting set of features.

Regards,
Smay

Marc Perkel schrieb:
Have you actually tried this? Do you have sample scripts? Is there any one who has tried MySQL Proxy and made it work?

Samuel Vogel wrote:
You should probably take a look at MySQL Proxy:
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/proxy-gettingstarted.html

It can do exactly what you want and much more ;)

Regards,
Samy

Marc Perkel schrieb:
Hi Everyone,

I'm hosting a lot of domains for a lot of people who have a lot of MySQL applications that they installed and almost all are configured to talk to MySQL on "localhost".

In order to spread the load I'm trying to move the MySQL server to another machine. Since everything is configured for localhost I figured all I had to do was move the database to the new server, shut down the existing MySQL server, and set up an SSH tunnel so that all the MyDQL call on the original server would pipe to the new server.

But that doesn't work.

The problem is that PHP/MySQL apps configured for localhost insiste on talking to the socket located at /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock instead of 127.0.0.1. In the MySQL world, localhost != 127.0.0.1.

I tried using the pipe and socat on the socket but socat wasn't reliable and quit working for reasons I don't understand. So I'm wondering how to make it work. Has anyone managed to get this to work?

I'm also thinking about this. Could I mount the new MySQL server using NFS so that /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock is on the new MySQL server and calls to that socket would go to the new server. Will that work?

Thanks in advance.