Re: Web Farm Ideas

Hey Peter,

Your web interface functionality sounds quite sexy.

We seem to have about your size when hits are concerned,
split over dozens of https applications.

We are more concentrating on releases. Behind there is a
a svn repository we use to work on the code (dedicated dev
boxes). When a project goes into production, a release
is generated by the means of a script. The script does
tag replacement on a tree of template files. This guarantees
integrity over n machines/instances of the software.

Then this release is installed on all machines in question
by another script (scp).

We document all releases in a wiki, we archive them and from time
to time, the operating team goes over an individual release
with a checklist and documents the results.

With this system, we can restore older releases more
easily. We are fairly well documented and multiple
teams can manage to work together quite easily.

regs,

Christian