Re: Problems with ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain

Distinguishing between FQDN and Domain is barely relevant when
discussing Cookies.  RFC2965 states, "Domain Defaults to the
request-host."  Cookies default to using the FQDN as the Domain if the
Domain is not specified.  Specified domains must start with a period,
must be exactly one level below the server name, and are only returned
to servers in the one level above the period.  Read Section 3.3.2 and
weep.  The drafters deliberately made Cookies as limited as possible.
solprovider.com and www.solprovider.com cannot share Cookies even
though both addresses reach the same server.   Look at the Cookies in
your browser.  The server name will be part of the domain if no domain
was specified (e. g. www.cnn.com and www.networksolutions.com).

I wonder if the leading period is missing from "example.com".
".example.com" (leading period) would be sent to www.example.com and
www1.example.com.  "example.com" (no leading period) would only be
sent to example.com.  Browsers should add the leading period if domain
is specified.

solprovider