Re: how to run encrypted executable through apache?

> I can only guess that something must be different between the user
> environment for yourself and the apache user. You might try passing
> some environment variables, or else getting your script to output some
> debugging information.
>
> PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> That's just a guess though, there can be any number of reasons why
> your binary isn't running correctly. Perhaps the facility you've used
> to produce the encrypted binary needs access to some library path
> that's in your environment but not the server's?
>
> --
> noodl

I am not sure the best way to track down the environment problem, however I see that when it executes at the command line, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is blank

However, I have made progress. I found that if I wrap a call to the encrypted perl executable with an unencrypted perl wrapper, it works!
Here is the contents of the wrapper script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print `/var/www/cgi-bin/ss.pl.x`;