Question about how apache handles file opening with logging

Hello,

I have looked all over and could not find an answer to the following:

When you have a customlog setup in your main httpd.conf, obviously a
customlog in the virtualhosts will overwrite this, even though you can
have multiple customlogs in a virtual host.. It would be nice to
bypass this somehow, and I found a trick but I am not sure its saving
any resources.

I have each virtualhost setup like this:

<VirtualHost ip>
CustomLog /home/username/logs/access.log combined
CustomLog /var/log/global.log combinedio
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost ip>
CustomLog /home/username2/logs/access.log combined
CustomLog /var/log/global.log combinedio
</VirtualHost>

I actually use a different log format then combinedio, but the point
is made. The question is, if I have say 50 virtual hosts with the same
format.. 1 customlog for a log in their home directory, and a
customlog that is IDENTICAL in every virtualhost.. does apache use 1
file handle for the global.log? Is this the most efficient way to
accomplish the goal? (The goal being having X information about each
vhost logged to the same global file).

Thanks in advance.