Re: Not having luck running Perl script

On 10/9/07, Robert A. Rawlinson <rarawlinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks! I found the correct directory for the perl file. Now however
> when it runs it brings up a window which says I have chosen to open a
> file which is a Perl script and offers to open in an editor instead of
> running the script. I must still have something set wrong. Do you have
> any idea which it could be? I have gone over the faq for cgi scripts and
> I thought I had done all it said.

If you download and open this file, what is inside? If it is the
output of your cgi script, then the problem is simply that your cgi
script is not sending the proper Content-Type header. If it is the
source-code of the cgi-script, on the other hand, this means that you
haven't configured apache to treat the file as a CGI script. You can
do this with the AddHandler or SetHandler directive, although it is
done automatically if you use ScriptAlias.

Joshua.