Re: [Help] How to change the content of response on the fly��

On 10/8/07, DuYushui <duyushui@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As you can see, I have to open the actual file before do anything. This
> approach doesn't work if the requested URI doesn't correspond to real file
> in the OS or the request file should be parsed before sending out, such as
> PHP source file. Is there a way to build such an Apache module which can
> intervene all response right before it being sent to client in any cases?
>    Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Yes, this is called a "filter" in apache 2.x. There are several
example modules in the source distribution that show how to do this,
and Nick Kew's book documents it extensively. If you need more
specific help, you'll have better luck on the module developers
mailing list:
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#modules-dev

Joshua.