Re: Understanding the difference between conn vs. child vs. slot

A slot is a placeholder for a child. There may or may not be a child there depending on max/min spare servers. A child is a process or a thread that handles requests. A connection is a link between a client and a child which resides in a slot.

In this case there is 1 request from the connection to a child which has served 10,216 requests which is residing in a slot which has served 15,022. The difference between the last two of ~4,800 requests are requests to that slot which were processed by a child (thread or process) which was subsequently terminated. Child termination can happen because max spare servers was exceeded or for any number of other abnormal reasons (process crashing). There may be other normal reasons such as max number of requests per child.

--
Michael Conlen