Re: Apache 2.2.6 and CGI problem.

On 10/2/07, Apache@xxxxxxxxx <Apache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But no matter what I've tried I can't get the text into the HTML page when
> it loads initially. I've tried:
>   #exec cgi="/cgi-bin/xxx.pl"
> and a number of tags that shouldn't and didn't work. All I see are the HTML
> tags. Including all my failed attempts as place holders for my stupidity.

> I don't believe I need the "+Includes" as I'm not doing anything with shtml
>   at this point.

Uhhh... If you expect the html page to be parsed for #exec, then that
is certainly server-side includes and you'll need to configure your
server for it by assuring that the directory where the HTML pages
lives has "Options Includes" and that you have "AddOutputFilter
INCLUDES .html" (or whatever file extension the html page is using).

Also, you should always use #include virtual in preference to #exec
cgi, and the syntax is something like
<!--#include virtual=/cgi-bin/xxx.pl -->

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_include.html

Joshua.