RE: requests time-out under load, no warnings in logs

Hi Christian,

> How does your apache look memory-wise in top/htop?

When Apache is "slow", it has about 200 processes with 11-15MB RSS each, soat least 1GB of physical RAM should be unused.
The load average drops from normal 16.0 (this is a 4 CPU machine) to only 6.0 when apache becomes "slow".

It would be interesting to see an example of a reasonable choice for MaxMemFree, after 2 days of searching in Google I cannot find any guidelines for setting it.