Re: Basic mod_rewrite help

On Sep 28, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Joshua Slive wrote:

On 9/28/07, Israel Brewster <israel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

which came with the default install. In order to implement the
desired changes, I added the following lines:

WHERE exactly did you add the lines?

Oh, right, sorry, should have mentioned that. I inserted these lines at the end of the config file, outside of any configuration blocks.

RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 2

Up the loglevel to 9 and try again.

Still not seeing anything.
Just for kicks, I tried rewriting the match part of that rule to just .* , and I still get nothing, either in the logs or redirected. I also tried adding a RewriteEngine on directive to the virtual host, with no results. Is there some way to verify that the rewrite engine is in fact operating? the lack of any sort of response would seem to indicate not, but I'm at a loss for why. If it helps, the config for the directory in question is

<Directory "/Users/mongoose/Sites/">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

although I would think if this was wrong I would get some sort of error. Thanks for any assistance.

Joshua.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.