Re: Tomcat and Apache on the same port?

Tony,

The only way to have two services use/listen on the same port is to use
two different IP addresses, one for each.  Then each can listen on port
80.

A possible, very high effort, alternative would be to write a program that
would sit in front of both apache and tomcat, that could examine the
incoming packets and determine to route it to apache or tomcat based on
the packet content.  I'm talking a very complicated program here.

Apache proxying requests through to tomcat is not that expensive overhead
wise.  That would really be your best solution.  Look at the proxy_ajp
module in apache 2.2

Dan

Please respond to users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx