confused about dispatching...

I hope I'm even in the right group for discussion. If not, I appologize, and a kind redirect would be appreciated.

I'm wanting to write my own dispatcher, similar to the one the Rails uses. I'm wanting to create my own generic URL mapping scheme, that will create clean URL's without the need to read or write the uglier GET syntax.

I'm wanting to write this dispatcher in C/C++. If I could get a pointer to get me in the right direction, I'd appreciate that. (examples, development kits, tutorials, framework docs, API's, etc.) I've spent a few days googling, and my keywords aren't finding me what I need.

Thanks again for your help.

Matt