RE: No pidfile

Sure it is... The pidfile is filled after apache starts (and is assigned a process id). It is simply a bookkeeping record so apachectl knows which process to "kill" when you do "apachectl stop". It hasn't anything to do with a running apache.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Cheers, Craig

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.