mod_diskcache tempfiles

Hi,

We are using the mod_diskcache feature of a newer apache version that we compiled from source.

All works fine but occasionally apache leaves a temp file in the root of the cache (the filenames start aptmp). I have seen the files being created and then removed but sometimes they aren't removed... :-(

This causes a problem as we've seen the number grow huge and then the disk runs short of inodes. It's not clear at all what the cause is of this, or why it happens.

My questions are:

- does anyone else use this feature, and if so have you witnessed this problem?

- does anyone have an interest in mod_diskcache in order to try and get to the root of the problem (and perhaps even fix it)?

Unfortunately, we don't have the expertise to get to the bottom of it and if no-one else is having the issue may just revert back to using squid (which has a separate set of issues for us).

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance,

Miles