From: Whit Blauvelt [mailto:whit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:32 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Strange port 80 access problem

Can you clarify? Apache is running at home? Your trouble accessing it is
from home? From a different machine? The "other devices" are at home, or
external? If your Apache is served from home via your cable modem, has
anyone tried to test it from outside? Have you tried running Apache on a
different port than 80 to see if your cable co is blocking port 80?

Whit

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 08:17:07AM -0700, Don O'Neil wrote:
> I have a very strange access problem that just popped up this morning.
> For whatever reason, my machine at home over my cable modem can no
> longer access Apache on port 80... However other services are
> accessible elsewhere (Direct Admin control panel, FTP, SMTP,etc...)
> BUT Apache is accessible to other devices, not on my IP... It seems as
> though there is some sort of IP block on me, but I can't seem to find
> anything in the logs to confirm this. I don't have a 'deny from' in any
.htaccess files... What could be going on?