Re: UDP support for apache

Yogsothoth GV wrote:
| >  Why would you want to?
Say, you are streaming video/audio over HTML like Flash, quicktime. This doesn't necessarily require TCP like semantics because delay due to packet retransmission or HOL blocking is bad (when serving real time data). However, if you are using a transport protocol like UDP you might experience small disturbance, which is better than stalled video/audio. This
is one reason that I can think on top of my head.

Yes, but that's why protocols like RTSP were invented. HTTP's design really does imply it runs over a sessioned and reliable transport. And your original question _was_:

>Can I configure Apache to serve webpages using UDP as transport protocol.

  Webpages and UDP don't make any sense.

As Issac Goldstand points out in his reply, Apache 2.0 could support protocols other than HTTP, so there's that, but for HTTP there's just no logic in using anything but TCP.

-GV

--
     Chris 'Xenon' Hanson | Xenon @ 3D Nature | http://www.3DNature.com/
 "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,