Re: utf-8 encoded htaccess?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:48:45 +0200, Vincent Bray <noodlet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/09/2007, Martin Strand <do.not.eat.yellow.snow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It really seems to be a UA problem. According to those RFCs, both 'realm'
and 'filename' are supposed to be 'quoted-string' and should be treated
exactly the same. It just seems so weird that three major browser vendors
would miss this.
Frustrating... :\

Indeed. I'm reaching a bit here but how about checking with a UA
that's meant to be a standards facist? I'm thinking the likes of svn
(via libneon) or links or wget, those kinds of command line clients.

Googling this issue doesn't shed much light :(

Iit would help to see a dump of the actual headers sent on the wire,
just in case apache's somehow mangling it. There was a link to the
wiki page containing several ways to watch those in an earlier post.

Alright, I just tried svn but no luck - it doesn't decode the realm name and neither does elinks.
I couldn't find a way to show the realm with wget.
Letting wget dump the response shows that the header looks just fine:

WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="=?utf-8?B?5pel5pys6aaZ5aCC?="

As far as I understand those two RFCs, that's exactly how it's supposed to look.

Martin