Hosting two webapps within same virtualhost but with different DocumentRoots

I have two applications that need to be hosted on my webserver. Requests
for both apps come in via the same F5 and DNS name but with different URLs
after the DNS name(e.g http://foo.bar.com/app1 and
http://foo.bar.com/app2).
The directory structure for both apps have the same names but with
different sets of files under each.  That would mean i would need separate
DocumentRoots for each of the apps. But given that i have the same DNS name
in the URL for both apps, i am assuming i cannot distinguish these apps
using separate VirtualHosts, right?  What would be an alternative way to
achieve this?

Thanks

Ramdas