Re: mod_rewrite: LoadModule order is important?

Joshua Slive schrieb:
On 9/4/07, Rainer Traut <tr.ml@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

am running Redhat EL4 U5 with redhat's Apache/2.0.52.

I noticed the order of loading the modules is important?

Part of httpd.conf:

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

If I load the rewrite modul after the proxy modules I lose the
rewriteengine function in my SSL virtual host. It uses the mod_proxy
module there.

Is this possible? Maybe a bug?

Could be. LoadModule order isn't supposed to have an effect in 2.x.
But you are using an ancient version. You should try with something
more modern before reporting a bug.

Ok, thx for all the answers.
This is not a big deal for me now that I know where the problem is, but it took me half a day to localise it. It's more problematic to leave the redhat's security path and compile by myself.

Thx
Rainer