Directory Vs Location.

Hi all.

Can somebody please explain what the difference is between using the directory directive and the location directive in my apache httpd.conf file. Also when it is appropriate to use which. The reason I am asking is, I am trying to get Trac running with Apache and both Trac & Apache with mod_python installed work fine independently of one another. I've tested apache, and I've tested trac with the the stand alone server.

The reason I am asking is trying to get Trac working I am told to put.

<Location "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/Worldview">
  Satisfy all
  SetHandler mod_python
  PythonInterpreter main_interpreter
  PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
  PythonOption TracUriRoot /Worldview
</Location>

But it doesn't seem to work and I am thinking that I could make a better decision if I fully understood the location directive.

Cheers
Chris Howell
chowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Software Engineer
the PYXIS innovation - Common Ground for Digital Earth
w: www.pyxisinnovation.com