Re: Exit codes reference for httpd binary

On 9/4/07, Fermín Galán Márquez <fermin.galan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if there is a reference of the "exit codes" of the
> httpd binary (apache2 in the Debian distribution I'm using). After
> browsing at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ (and specially
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/httpd.html), I haven't found
> any document that describe the topic, so I come to the list in the hope
> of someone could help me, please :)
>
> Maybe it sound a estrange question, but I'm trying to debug a complex
> utilization of the apache2ctl script. The httpd binary is failing to
> start (returning 141 instead of the usual 0) and I'm wondering why...
>
> Thank you very much in advance!

The server itself just issues 0 for success and 1 for failure as far
as I know. apachectl has some other codes documented in comments at
the top of the script.

I don't know where 141 would be coming from. Do you get any
interesting error messages at the prompt or in the error log? If not,
try running httpd under strace or the equivalent.

Joshua.