Re: performance problem in one virtual host

Thanks, Nick.

Can you explain your question about DNS?  My assumption is that if I had a
reverse DNS issue, I could identify it by running tcpdump on port 53 on the
server.  (e.g. with HostnameLookup) I did this and saw no TCP/UDP traffic.
To eliminate the possibility of client DNS issues, I hardcoded the IP
address to the domain name in /etc/hosts on the client.  Is there something
I'm missing here?

The files are accessed directly on the same hard drive by httpd, though they
are also made available via NFS and SMB to other systems.

What's the easiest way to get and test an HTTP/1.0 client?

WILL