Re: Deploying war on Apache HTTP Server

On 25/08/07, ibm123 <xgr3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am pretty new to Apache Http Server (AHS). I was looking into the document
> for deploying the war file on AHS but could not found anything. I am not
> sure whether I can deploy war on AHS or not. If not then I should use Tomcat
> but how to integrate tomcat with AHS. I want to use AHS because I want to
> configure some mod_expire and mod_header module on AHS.

You need Tomcat (or any number of alternatives) to host the .war.
Apache's written in C, not Java, so can't run those kinds of things
directly.

You can front Tomcat by a variety of methods including mod_proxy_http,
mod_proxy_ajp & mod_jk.

All this and more is documented in the relevant sites and manuals. Good luck.

Oh, this might help too:

http://people.apache.org/~mturk/docs/article/ftwai.html

--
noodl